Friday, December 23, 2011

Portal Game Review

Portal was the first game I bought on "Steam". It is in my top 5 favorite games, and I've had it for a little less than 6th months. This game is a classic and it instantly won me over.


Graphics:
Since this game is a bit old, the graphics aren't going to be the best. It's a 3D first person puzzle game and they spent more time working on the puzzles than the graphics. Graphics don't usually bother me so I probably shouldn't be the first person you ask.


Rating: 7/10




Characters:
Cheryl, and GlaDOS. Cheryl is your character she was modeled after the voice actress Alésia Glidewell. She/You are the test subject, and in order to get out you must complete all of the puzzles. GlaDOS is your watcher and she records all of the data for the puzzles you complete. Throughout the game GlaDOS keeps telling you if you finish the puzzles you will be released and there will be cake. Around level 16 there's a secret spot and it says the cake is a lie about 5 times. You can tell it's from another testee.




Rating: 9/10




Story line: 
I kind of explained the story line in the Cheryl part of the review. Basically you're a person who has been captured [I believe] and to be released you must complete all of the tests. If you fail, you die. If you win GlaDOS keeps telling you there will be cake. But around puzzle 16 it tells you otherwise. 


Rating: 9/10










Overall Rating: 8/10
Would I recommend this?: If it were to come up into a conversation. Casually? Maybe.



0 comments:

Post a Comment